Will a 4'x5'x3" item fit in a 2017-2018 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will a 4'x5'x3" item fit in a 2017-2018 Explorer?

Nancy Hill

Reaction score
City, State
Carlsbad, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer sport
I'd like to get a new-used Explorer for my business, and need to know if I can fit a 4'x5'x3" painting in it (no bending, of course). It's the largest I have to schlep from my studio, and will have to look elsewhere if it won't fit. Fingers crossed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it should fit with the back seat folded down,, i fit this in a 2nd gen,,

yamaha in explorer 2.jpg

On my 2016 the distance between rear speakers is just 40" so unless you have a carrier built to put the painting on a angle it is a no go. Length is no problem.

I suggest that you take a tape measure down to a Ford dealer and check for yourself so that you can see where you might have problems.

But if you have a carrier built that is higher on one side and lay the painting on the carrier it will work..

I'd like to get a new-used Explorer for my business, and need to know if I can fit a 4'x5'x3" painting in it (no bending, of course). It's the largest I have to schlep from my studio, and will have to look elsewhere if it won't fit. Fingers crossed.
Welcome to the Forum Nancy.:wave:
Check out a reply of mine here; Will a full size futon pillow fit in the back of a Sport
The picture is of my 2017 with the 2nd row seats up.

Peter

Cargo Mat.JPG

I’d grab one for a test drive and check. Any dealer will let a prospective buyer grab a unit for a few hours.

All you need is a tape measure and you will see that there isn't 4' between the wheel wells where the rear speakers are located. You are either going to need to get something built to put it at a angle or perhaps on edge.

Back