Will A Ranger Lift Kit fit on a Explorer??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will A Ranger Lift Kit fit on a Explorer???

kimble18

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
Hi,
I have been having a lot of trouble finding a lift kit specific for my sport. The one, the local 4wd shop in town informed me of, was from Super Lift and in CAN dollars was over 3000. I have read, but only seen vague answers as to if a Ranger lift kit would be able to fit on a Sport. Any help on this matter is appreciated.
Thanks
Guy

no the rear end is different on rangers. They are spring over and explorers are spring under. The front part of the kit would. Yes the superlift kit is expensive and is one of the reasons few people have them on the board. The other one is it's a waste of money because you don't gain any ground clearance from the kit due to the extended torsion bar brackets. Most of us 2nd gen guys on the board are running a combination of a body lift 2" torsion twist and lift shackles. For more information on that click on the link below in my signature!

-Russ

The RCD is the other option however it is not longer made for the Ranger. Superlift makes a lift specific for the Sport Trac which is spring under and similar to the explorer but other than there not many make an affordable lift for the later gen RBVs

Thanks guys, I think im going to just go for the superlift in a couple of months when i save enough money... ill post pics

Back