Will a reese hitch from a 99 EB fit my 94 Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will a reese hitch from a 99 EB fit my 94 Sport?

2L8ULUZ2

Reaction score
City, State
Appalachian State University (School) (Live in Canton, NC)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
I have a hitch that came with our 99 EB and it already had one installed on it so I guess we managed to get an extra one from the dealer. This one was laying in the back and was covered by the cargo cover when we bought it. It looks just like the one that is on it and I was wondering if it would bolt up to my 94 sport without any huge modification. If I have to drill some holes that would be fine and if it comes to it I can drag the MIG out after it. Also if anyone has any instructions for this hitch they could e-mail me that would be great too. Thanks!

Well, I am not 100% sure, but if this helps, I just put a hitch from my 92 explorer which is the same as the 94 onto the back of my 97 explorer. I would imagine it would fit, but don't quote me.

I don't think it will because Ford modified the frame so they can fit a 16" spare under there and I have a '98 tow hook and that thing wouldn't fit in my '96, that's also because of the new rear design. Sorry bud.

Back