Will Ford ever make a Ranger Crew Cab? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Will Ford ever make a Ranger Crew Cab?

Dannyboy

Other Make & Models Mod
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
43°48′48″N 91°13′59″W
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4 do'
because you don't get much call for a crew cab ranger in north carolina and the rest of the southeast US lol thats why i've never seen and didn't believe until i saw pics

You still didn't believe it after you saw pics. I live in Scottsdale AZ, even though every chick is bleach blonde I still do belive that brunettes walk the earth, thanks to the internets.

But I do agree, why not offer it for sale here, there would be some sales. I never wanted to travel overseas, but a trip to Australia would be rather fun if you were able to be friends, or should I say mates with some of the local guys over there that go wheelin, they seem to get into some pretty wild situations in an everyday work environment over there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

chriswells78

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Powell(Columbus), OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
On the other hand, why don't they make a long bed Sport-trac? The ST at least has a better looking face than the bland boring ranger.

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
On the other hand, why don't they make a long bed Sport-trac? The ST at least has a better looking face than the bland boring ranger.

Because the thing would be 30 feet long and have the turning radius of a school bus!! Also, by the time you add the extra weight of the crew cab, and any usable cargo capacity of a long bed, you'd probably be at or near the GAWR of an 8.8 rear axle, and well over the capacity of the rear hubs of an IRS. They barely hold up underneath a stock Explorer, let alone one hauling an extra 1000 lbs of mulch in the bed...

-Joe

chriswells78

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Powell(Columbus), OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
ahh, I see. I didn't realize the new ones were IRS.

Kyle0614

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
bah that Ranger crew cab in the second video is absolutely the sickest litte truck there is too bad we can't get one's at dealerships here...

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Yeah, I too heard the New ones had the IRS which I would never buy unless it were a street queen, IMO I don't see the point in having a truck if ya don't use it like a truck so the IRS wouldn't work for half of us here at EF. But it would have been nice if they had made the ST with a little bit longer bed.

Essex4x4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
So if ford doesn't make a small pickup truck who am i supposed to buy from when i want a small truck.
With gas prices going the way they are, i don't want a V8 i would want a small truck, that is if i decide to sell my Ex, which will never happen, love it too much.

Here is a link for car and driver, its an article titled " Ford Ranger Endangered?- Car news" :( http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car_news/ford_ranger_endangered_car_news

Kyle0614

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
u could still get a sport trac :)

Kyle0614

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
that will be there only small truck left once there ranger is gone....i believe ford loves there big stuff so much too not even want to make little things...they constantly are making over all the F-150's 250's 350's expeditions...but my self i would like an early model f250 crew cab 99 or 00...you can pick one up for less than 14k all day long with decent miles...

Essex4x4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
man just found out you can't even buy a Crown Vic anymore:thumbdwn: You can only purchase one as a comercial fleet like police, fire, etc. That Sux big time, there widdling down the cars/trucks they sell one at a time.

MountaineerGreen

Towing Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
North East Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 F150 4x4
I'm afraid soon most all Ford vehicles will be unibody FWD platforms with the exception of the E and F series. I think it stinks, I love the size/utility of my Mounty. The IRS crap they have now doesn't interest me a bit, I don't care if it rides better or not. When you get a load on IRS, the tires do like this: / \ causing the tires to wear unevenly. Not everyone needs a full size truck who wants to carry/haul stuff.

Essex4x4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
if i can't own a ford my second choice is... Please don't be a hater, I LOVE FORD, and this is only my second choice, Chevy silverado, or a Ford F-150

RFR2212

Typing Police
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In the mug by Chitown
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 JEEP Wrangler
if i can't own a ford my second choice is... Please don't be a hater, I LOVE FORD, and this is only my second choice, Chevy silverado, or a Ford F-150

Sounds like you're scared the masses may nail you to a cross for this one... OOOOH this guy likes chevy's... I'd drive a silverado any day over an f150. 5.3 is a great engine and i'm sure as a whole are cheaper.

It's okay Essex. You can say on a Ford board that you like other brands without worry of being attacked and without reiterating your love for ford. There's alot of other vehicles better made than fords ;)

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Well I was at the Ford dealer today in State and was told that either the ranger maybe taken off the market OR there maybe a new truck inline called a Hunter or something thats a small version of the F-150 so possibility of a 4door small pickup maybe? He said his Boss was at the Ford convention today so he would know today, and suppose to go back there Monday so, see if I hear anything :).

Essex4x4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
Sounds like you're scared the masses may nail you to a cross for this one... OOOOH this guy likes chevy's... I'd drive a silverado any day over an f150. 5.3 is a great engine and i'm sure as a whole are cheaper.

It's okay Essex. You can say on a Ford board that you like other brands without worry of being attacked and without reiterating your love for ford. There's alot of other vehicles better made than fords ;)

Whew that was a close one, now that i got that out
I LOVE CHEVY.
especially the new silverado, like the 3500, way better than the f-350 my dad owns
hd2nh9.jpg

I WANT ONE