Will ford release Sync V 3.4 on the Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will ford release Sync V 3.4 on the Explorer

grizzyxd

Reaction score
City, State
d
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
I’ve tried looking up to see if I can update my explorer but i haven’t had any luck.. I’ve seen a couple ways to update unofficially using ”cyan labs” but I’m scared that it would break my APIM Or void my warranty will ford release an official version of sync 3.4 for the explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt that will happen.

That is why so many people, including myself, have upgraded to 3.4.

I have had no issues. Also have taken it into service and no one said a thing.

I doubt that will happen.

That is why so many people, including myself, have upgraded to 3.4.

I have had no issues. Also have taken it into service and no one said a thing.

So like it won’t void my warranty because Peter stated on the other thread that it will

I don’t know that answer. I did it anyway.

The files used are actually Ford files. The 17+ APIM is fully capable of running 3.4, but they changed the allocated memory sizes to accommodate the newer version, so the internal storage has to be reformatted to accept the new files. Ford doesn't want to have a bunch of failed updates to deal with if the reformat glitches. They will not be updating our units to 3.4. Cyanlabs figured out a way to do it reasonably safely. I've done two. My '16 Explorer (bought a 3.0 APIM and installed it) and my '17 F-250. Both worked fine.

As far as warranty, I probably wouldn't try to do a warranty claim on the APIM, but I see no reason it would void the warranty on any other system. Magnuson-Moss should be all you need to say if they were to try an deny a claim. The only thing affected by the update is the APIM and with the exception of the reformat, it's all FoMoCo files.

I’ve tried looking up to see if I can update my explorer but i haven’t had any luck.. I’ve seen a couple ways to update unofficially using ”cyan labs” but I’m scared that it would break my APIM Or void my warranty will ford release an official version of sync 3.4 for the explorer
The 2020 Explorer and Aviator are running on version 3.4 of Sync 3. The latest release updated it to build 20136.

Peter

I
The 2020 Explorer and Aviator are running on version 3.4 of Sync 3. The latest release updated it to build 20136.

Peter

I currently have a 2017 Explorer will it still work

So like it won’t void my warranty because Peter stated on the other thread that it will
If you are under warranty and you have an APIM related issue like an APIM failure or a slow down in APIM response, your APIM will not be covered under warranty as you put unauthorized software in it.

I would take a look at this tool:

Here is the tutorial:

Very doubtful. I dont know why they wouldnt, as it runs very well.

Thank you I have done the upgrade and it works phenomenally took 9 minutes to update because I don’t have nav

Thank you I have done the upgrade and it works phenomenally took 9 minutes to update because I don’t have nav

i have done the upgrade unfortunately I didn’t like it Was really laggy is there anyway to go back to sync 3.0 that furthest I was able to go back was 3.3 but it was still laggy I want to go back to sync 3.0 build 19205 is that possible

i have done the upgrade unfortunately I didn’t like it Was really laggy is there anyway to go back to sync 3.0 that furthest I was able to go back was 3.3 but it was still laggy I want to go back to sync 3.0 build 19205 is that possible
Did you do a factory reset after the install? I've installed it on two vehicles and it's less laggy than v3.0 on both. Granted, they're both 2017 APIMs.

I would try that or the APIM restart.
3.4 is great on my 18.

No, you can not go back 3.0

Laggy? That makes no sense. All of us have noticed its ATLEAST as good, or better than 3.0. Theres something wrong if yours is laggy.

Laggy? That makes no sense. All of us have noticed its ATLEAST as good, or better than 3.0. Theres something wrong if yours is laggy.

Have you noticed any major changes other than the UI?

I was tempted to do the upgrade and then upgrade the 2x USB ports in the center console to one that has a USB-C port so I can fast charge my phone while using AA.

@Zodiac, I’d say go for it.
Yes the UI has changed. Overall it is just better in my opinion. As I have said before, I’m glad I did it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you do a master reset?

Step 5:

Once fully booted go to Settings > General > Master Reset, this will clear a lot of bugs and other incorrect information and will be the first thing i tell you to do if you have any issue.

Back