Will installing a steeda rear sway bar void the suspension warranty? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will installing a steeda rear sway bar void the suspension warranty?

Exlorerguy01

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro,
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Platinum
I have a 2017 platinum and am wanting to install a steeda rear sway bar but I'm just concerned it will mess with my warranty. Does anyone know for sure if it will or not?

It shouldn’t. If you have a warranty concern, just swap the factory bar back in.

I have a 2017 platinum and am wanting to install a steeda rear sway bar but I'm just concerned it will mess with my warranty. Does anyone know for sure if it will or not?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
There really isn't an actual specific "suspension warranty". I believe the suspension falls under the overall factory warranty. If you are concerned about warranty implications check out your Warranty Guide and in particular page 12, Damage Caused By Accident, Misuse or Alteration. If anything was damaged, the cause would have to be traced back to the installation of the altered part.
BTW, your profile shows a 2014 Platinum.;)

Peter

There isn't much a RSB could do to affect any part of the warranty. Besides, you haven't much of that warranty left anyway.

Back