Will P275 60 R17's fit an 04 limited? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will P275 60 R17's fit an 04 limited?

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
Looking at P275 60 R17's
A nice wide tire.
Seems height is very close to stock (1.5% taller, when doing 60 mph by the speedo you're actually doing 60.9 mph... no big deal)

Searched the forum and dont see anyone else that has used them

They'd be 3 cm wider.. or a little more than an inch...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

G'day mate. I don't think they will fit unless you use spacer's (steering knuckle has less than 1/2" clearance with 245's)

G'day mate. I don't think they will fit unless you use spacer's (steering knuckle has less than 1/2" clearance with 245's)

Shoot.. thats unfortunate. They're $20/tire cheaper than the stock size of 245/65-17 :mad:

My tires are 265-70/16 and this pic shows how close the front tires come to rubbing, horizontally. I'd guess it's <1/2" from that support... *maybe* you could run 275s without spacers, but it would for sure be real close. At a quick glance this is the only place I can see that it'd be a problem.

downsize1r.jpg

this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310813

I do like a wider tire, but the 275's were cheaper too.

However I stopped at a place on the way home yesterday and they had Nexen 245 65 17's for $600 tax in. The usual free flat repair and free rotation and balance etc.
I had heard good things about Nexen.. got a friend with them on his Grand National and he likes them.
Just picked up the truck and they look great too. Im a white letter kinda guy.

Thanks for the info guys! :thumbsup:

Here a pix of the Nexen's installed

I think they look pretty good:thumbsup:

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

I got the nexen's on mine too. Very happy with them.

Just an update: Ive had the Nexen Roadian HT"s on the Explorer for 3 months and have zero complaints. Quiet, smooth, love the white letters.

Love them so much in fact I just put a set of 275/55-20 Nexens on my Expedition on Monday for $660 all in! Cant beat that.
Super quiet! Very smooth ride, and love the tread pattern.
(no white letter available at that size but black wall suits it better anyway)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Sweet, even with the AT's there is minimal highway noise. They're great tyre's considering I'd never heard of them and still don't really.

I'm running BFG P275 60 R17's on stock limited rims. no rubbing.

I like the expedition, very goverment looking !!!

Bringing this back from the dead, how have your Nexen Roadian HT's been treating you?

I'm thinking about getting a set for my Ranger.

Bringing this back from the dead, how have your Nexen Roadian HT's been treating you?

I'm thinking about getting a set for my Ranger.

Ive had zero complaints for either truck
The explorer has become my wifes vehicle, and it has about 7-8k on the tires
The expedition has about 20k on them

They're wearing well, actually they still look new.

Still quiet, and great traction dry and wet.

I know they're not made in the USA, but for the price you cant beat it

Thanks for the reply, that's what I wanted to hear!

And yeah, wally world has them for $91 a tire right now.

Just an update: Ive had the Nexen Roadian HT"s on the Explorer for 3 months and have zero complaints. Quiet, smooth, love the white letters.

Love them so much in fact I just put a set of 275/55-20 Nexens on my Expedition on Monday for $660 all in! Cant beat that.
Super quiet! Very smooth ride, and love the tread pattern.
(no white letter available at that size but black wall suits it better anyway)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

I just replaced these with Nexen again. I had no complaints about them.
A little over 3 years, and 55,000 miles. Here's to another 55k on the new set.

Pretty close on 4 years.... the Nexen's were retired yesterday.
I had no complaints. Well over 50k miles on them.

A set of 265 70-17s fell in my lap and I tried them. Actually tried one. Turning clearance was not an issue, but there was less than 1/8" space from the tire to the upper ball joint. Too close for me.

I could not find a retailer with Nexen any more...
So I went with a set of Coopers in the factory size (factory Limited size anyway cause the rims are off a limited). $540 mounted and balanced with the usual warranty/free rotation and balance etc.

just need a wash and some tire shine now
IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Nice mate, I just put the toyo's on mine. The nexen at's gave me 45000 k's before I started getting sideways in the wet....Not that thats a bad thing...Well sort of is if ya aint trying to :D

I reckon they were getting abit hard after 4 years but they were down to the wear markers.

Back