• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

will shockwaves fit

Xzibit A

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn,VA(NOVA)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt 4.6
has anyone looked in to seeing if the airridetech shockwave setup will fit in the x, i dont think they have any thing that will fit BUT i know that AIM has a ton of different strut bag setups and im sure there is one that could maybe be worked, but has anyone else tried this yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Slush Box

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mazda Protegé LX
I am sure you could get them to work somehow. Just need a lower mount. I have thought of that before I went with Coilovers. Good luck just go for it man thats how things get done.

Xzibit A

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn,VA(NOVA)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt 4.6
you would just bl;ot it where the shock goes, with better mounting of course, but at 900 each i dont htink thats just something im just going to "give it a shot', at least right now anyway

low_x_on_air

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' XLS
Shockwaves

Hey man I dont mean to put down anyones product but I've gone the AIM way in the past and I now agree with every bad thing thats said about them. The Air ride technologies airwave would probably be a good choice but you would have to take some measurements to get proper alignment and positioning. I had the AIM look a like and they lasted about 2 weeks each.. One leaked around the top and the other one just plain blew out. Like I said I'm not one to put down anyones company but it really annoys me that they try to copy everything that comes out and always seem to do a real poor job of it.

Xzibit A

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn,VA(NOVA)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt 4.6
yes i do know that they suck and i would no rely on them but it would be better to mess up a chassistech part versus an ART part. what parts did you use