Will the 2017 Brake lights fit in 2014 Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will the 2017 Brake lights fit in 2014 Explorer?

Not sure I follow. The 2011+ is the 5th generation as it was completely redesigned from the ground up. In 2016 they just refreshed the look a little.

Peter

I'm saying the differences between the 2002-05 & the 2006-10 don't look significant enough to be considered a new generation, rather than the "refresh" we're seeing.

A refresh is just different bumpers, tail lights, headlights etc. Nothing crazy but enough to keep people interested in something "new" during its 8 year average life cycle.

They are keeping it fresh until the new platform is ready which will be completely all new again like the 2011 was. 4 years is a long time to wait to keep sales up as by year 3, the "newness" of a design has already worn off.

Trust me I understand what a refresh is and why they do it. Auto manufactures used to typically stick with two different 'models' in a generation.

2016 sale numbers were down a minuscule amount overall compared to 2015 except for LE sales which did go up. Maybe Ford doesn't feel the 2016 / 2017 really sold as well as they were expecting / hoping.

Not sure I follow. The 2011+ is the 5th generation as it was completely redesigned from the ground up. In 2016 they just refreshed the look a little.

I agree with you on that especially with the same exhaust smell in the cabin issue lol.

Back