Will the sun visors from a 2000 fit a 2002 Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will the sun visors from a 2000 fit a 2002 Sport?

Todd82TA

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport 4x2
Just as the subject says. I have a 2002 Sport, and I don't have lights in the mirrors. I'd like to add HomeLink and lighted vanity mirrors, just wondering if they swap out.

I'm kind of hoping that the wiring harness already exists in the headliner but I have a feeling it does not...

Maybe I could wire it into the overhead console?

Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX-P74
2002 Ford Explorer Sport
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It has been done....
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182599

but since you might be missing the plug you need to connect it to the over head console on a wire that is hot at all times.....or just drop it down the A arm cover and run it under the dash to the cigarette lighter...which is hot at all times

It should go right in, that plug should be in all trucks.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate this!!!

The plugs are different in the earlier gen 2's. Up tp and including '97 (I think '97) there is only a single bullet connector and you will need to run another wire.

Yes, prior to 98 only a power wire is there, the lights ground through the body instead. After that they include a ground wire. I installed my 93 body and headliner/visors, with almost all 99 wiring.

The plugs are different in the earlier gen 2's. Up tp and including '97 (I think '97) there is only a single bullet connector and you will need to run another wire.

My 2000 Explorer is the same, just a single bullet connector.

Are you sure? I don't mean to fault you, but I hate it when Ford changes things, again and again.

In any case it's no trouble. The one constant power wire will be there, you can create a ground. I chose to use my one wire connectors of my 93 harness, so that i could use the 93 visors, they plug right in. I did also though leave the OEM two wire connectors, I only spliced to the power wire. So I have both connectors available in my truck, in case newer visors were ever used. Regards,

Are you sure? I don't mean to fault you, but I hate it when Ford changes things, again and again.

In any case it's no trouble. The one constant power wire will be there, you can create a ground. I chose to use my one wire connectors of my 93 harness, so that i could use the 93 visors, they plug right in. I did also though leave the OEM two wire connectors, I only spliced to the power wire. So I have both connectors available in my truck, in case newer visors were ever used. Regards,

Oh wait, I'm thinking backwards again. I installed lighted sunvisors from a '96 I think that had the single wire. I had to run wiring to it for power. For some reason I was thinking like there was already a single wire there that I just plugged into, sorry. :rolleyes:

I learn stuff each day, unfortunately it doesn't get stuff done that I need to be doing. I'm outside,

Back