Will these body mounts work?

Clusterpup

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport Trac 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i also need to replace only the cab bushings. I'm in this boat also! Help!

When I see an explorer in a parking lot I'm going to look underneath and take a look at the mounts. I guessing they are probably the same except they probably have a couple extra being that the cab is bigger. I can't take my truck off road until I at least replace the mount bushing thats completely gone.

I wouldn't use anything other than oem style body bushings or mounts. try getting in touch with Torrie over at fastpartsnetwork or NCRanchero, he might be able to find them cheaper.

The regular dealer price is $72 for the upper and $44 for the lower. Tousley Ford gives EF members cost plus 10%. It still ends up being $47 upper $29 lower. To replace all 6 is still a costly endeavor. My truck already rides rough with the bigger tires, TT and Ranchos.

so what did you end up doing?

Nothing yet. I waiting to see how things workout with GSE_Brent. Plus I'm poor right now, just bought new tires, new cordless drill and impact driver and a circular saw and Christmas is coming.

I'll take a picture of the one i actually did use and provide the part number

Ok hope this helps. These are the bushings beneath the driver and passenger side.

IMG-20111209-00164-1.jpg

IMG-20111209-00163-1.jpg

IMG-20111209-00162-1.jpg

The Daystar bushings will work, you just have to re-use your old sleeves.

Those were taken on my 2001 sport trac.

Does the Daystar kit come with enough for the bed too or did you just replace the ones on the cab?

It comes with 24 and the truck only uses 16. The bed doesnt use any, bolts directly to the frame. You'll have 8 extras and you'll need to re-use your old sleeves.

Got it! I'll be ordering these soon.....I'm tired of the tapping under the pass. floor over bumps

Based on some advice from a friend who has done this before on his trucks I'm not going to reuse the old cups and sleeves. I'm going to cut the old ones off with a sawzall. The body will sit on the poly bushing and at the bottom I will use a large thick gauge washer and a nylock nut to hold everything together. To hell with pounding those things apart.

Yea maybe next summer i'll try to replace everything. Let me know how you come along.

Let me know how much those sleeves are to get brand new from ford. If you're going ahead and replacing them.

Let me know how much those sleeves are to get brand new from ford. If you're going ahead and replacing them.

I'm not replacing them. I'm removing them and putting them in the trash.

What are you substituting them with?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are you substituting them with?

Well. I was hoping I could rest the body lift bushing right on top of the top one and a big washer under the bottom one and put a nylock nut on the bottom. Thats my plan anyway, not sure if it will work yet.

Back