will these fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

will these fit?

This is my next stage in my never ending search for a big/cheap tire for my X. I will have a 2" lift with TT and a add-a-leaf. The tire is at www.tyres1.com but the General link is Dead Link Removed

They are the General Grabber MT. Does anyone here run these? I'm not sure if they will fit. I would get the 235/85/R16. The specs are:
diameter: 32.0"
rim width: 6-7"
tread width: 7.3"
tread depth: 18/32"
section width: 9.5"
load capactiy:3042 lbs
max inflation: 80 psi

Are these going to be too wide? Usually the sizes I've been looking for were around 275/65/R16. What is the main difference betwwen these two sizes? Are these going to be thinner or wider than the BFG's?

The best part is their price. Usually the R16 are a ton of $$. These are only $96.

The 235 is the width of the tire in milimeters. The next number is the aspect ratio. 85 means that the tires will have 85% of the width (235mm) above the rim and below the rim. The 16 is the rim size in inches. The tires would be 30mm narrower than the 265 tires you were looking at. However they will be about two inches taller since they have a much higher profile than the 65 have. The 265 tires calculate out to be 29.6" tall by 10.4" wide. The 235 tires calculate out to be 31.7" tall by 9.25" wide.

Back