Will these grilles fit my explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will these grilles fit my explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you scroll down and read closely, all except the 2nd link say they will only fit the 06 xls.
I'm pretty sure the 2nd one should fit - with a picture of the front of your vehicle, I could confirm/deny.

explorer.jpg

this is my explorer, thanks for the help!

The second link is the only one that will fit without any problems.

The second link is the only one that will fit without any problems.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help.

will it fit perfectly?
do you think that grille would look good?

and im getting it done at the dealer, so i assume it will replace the old one? or go over top?

thanks so much!

My opinion is.... I don't like the look of them... they don't look right..

My opinion is.... I don't like the look of them... they don't look right..

You dont like how the "2nd grille" looks the, all black one?

I feel like it sort of has like the "adrenalin look" (a little bit anyways)

I like the 2nd one...but not sure how it would look on your truck:rolleyes: Look good on mine though:p:

yea i like the second one.. but i don't know if it'll work for him

yea i like the second one.. but i don't know if it'll work for him

I did email the seller, and they did confirm it would fit the 06 limited explorer.

So I'm crossing my fingers.

Personally, I don't care for that style. However I think it would match the best out of all you have shown us

Personally, I don't care for that style. However I think it would match the best out of all you have shown us

Since you guys mostly dont "like this grille" (the 2nd one in the list)

is there an aftermarket grille that you prefer/think is nice?

thanks

I would just say to do what makes you happy and proud of your vehicle. Not everyone thinks certain things like great, but if you do, that's what really counts.
If you look at the Bentley grille thread, which is somewhere around here, I did basic photoshops of two grilles that look like the one in the 2nd link, and the chrome one in your more recent post - So you can get a general idea of what they might look like.

if you're looking to stay chrome, the chrome vertical grill is nice looking. Just don't trust ebay sellers when they say direct bolt on because that is rarely the case. They also say installation instructions are not included and they protect themselves by saying "professional installation recommended" that way if you try and complain or try sending it back they will refer to that when you file a dispute with ebay. Ony saying this based on personal experience when I ordered a set of headlights for my other car. I tried disputing because they were a horrible fit and I ended up eating $225 because the folks at ebay cited that the seller did say professional installation recommended and some modification may be necessary. Apparently some modification meant body work to make them fit.

My .02 is to take a Limited or XLT grill and black out the center.... keeps the original look yet makes it look nice... I'm trying to score one for my Eddie Bauer and then paint the tan trim to match the rest of the Ex... then I think it will be nice.

Back