• Register Today It's free!

Will these heads work??

pitbulldell

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando,Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
the heads on my 95 are cracked and i am on a limited budget and doing the work myself so i have came across a guy that has some heads off of a 94 explorer and will let me get them for 50$, But i need to know will they work on my 95.If not what years will work? I know getting new ones is best but its just not in the budget.both sets of heads the 94 and the 95 have C8S1A stamped on them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends if the 95 heads are 93tm or 95tm heads.. The 95tm heads have a higher compression.

I sat the heads side by side and couldnt see any difference in them i just want to be sure before i waste time and money putting these heads on

Been a long time since I actually looked closely at the heads, but if I remember correctly, its written on the side of the head between spark plugs. Being a 1995 it will either say 93tm (94 style motor) or 95tm.

Also, you can tell by looking at the valve reliefs on the heads.
95tm is on the left, 90tm/93tm on the right.

5977549265_408a3e949f_z.jpg

Ford 4.0 95tm and 93tm heads by maniak_az, on Flickr

~Mark

I will look them over again when i get home. thanks

I just looked AT THEM AND THE ONES I HAVE ARE THE 95TM AND THE ONES HE GOT ARE THE 93TM.

Back