Will These Tires Fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will These Tires Fit?

I have a 2000 Explorer Limited

I found a 2 sets of 22"x9.5" rims that I want to use.

one set has an offset of 15 and the other is 18

tire size is where my questions come into play

I want to use the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW tires but the closest size I could find for the rims is 285/35x22

1. Will that tire size fit the truck ok with the rims or is it going to give me a problem?
2. And will I need spacers for the rims?
3. If I need spacers what size would they be?

I want to try and get the rims to come to the edge of the fender flares if possible or as close as possible to it without extending past the flares.

Thanks in advance guys for any help...

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nobody can answer this question for me?

I for one don't know but you can do the calculation yourself. Remove the tire, measure how far the rotor's wheel-mounting-surface is from the fender and you can go from there. You know the width of the wheel and the backspacing so you use those to see where the face of the wheel would end up.

its the tire size that I want to confirm will fit. I know the rims are good to go already

Thanks though

I have a 2000 Explorer Limited

I found a 2 sets of 22"x9.5" rims that I want to use.

one set has an offset of 15 and the other is 18

tire size is where my questions come into play

I want to use the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW tires but the closest size I could find for the rims is 285/35x22

1. Will that tire size fit the truck ok with the rims or is it going to give me a problem?
2. And will I need spacers for the rims?
3. If I need spacers what size would they be?

I want to try and get the rims to come to the edge of the fender flares if possible or as close as possible to it without extending past the flares.

Thanks in advance guys for any help...

Mike

I think that is a bit too wide--
My tires are 275--and barely clear on the inside--in fact, they rub at full lock.
Now, take into consideration, they almost stick out--

I'm pretty sure they will fit in the back. Might need the spacers in the front. Let me know how comfortable that thin tire is on the big Ass rim. How wide is the stock 15", and 16" rims???

I am sure most people go with 265/35/22. At least that's what a wheel shop preffered me to go with

BF Goodrich g-Force TA KDW-2 in 285/35ZR22 - $300+ EACH

KUMHO Ecsta STX in 265/35ZR22 - $150 EACH

Twice the price for tires that rub, or half the price for tires that don't?

The KUMHO STX's are also a truck tire, with an XL load rating, and have slightly better treadwear, so they'll last longer if you're just using them as a street tire for appearances.

Back