Will these wheels fit my 93 limited? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will these wheels fit my 93 limited?

I dont have money but ive been thinking of getting these nice black
Wheels. Here are dimensions:
15 in. x 8 in., 5 x 5.50 in. Bolt Circle, 3.75 in. Backspace
Will they fit okay?

I currently have 30x9.50 R15 wheels on the 93 limited...sorry dont know much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No they will not, your bolt circle is 5x4.5in. The backspacing would stick them out slightly as well, you'd probably be better off with 4in of back space on a skinnier tire like that. (skinnier than the 12.50 I'm used to :rolleyes:, but slightly larger than stock)

:( sorry!

Hey thanks whats a good tire size or cheaper tire size for 15x8?

P235/75r15 is the stock size for the 2nd gen Explorer with 15 inch wheels. I think the 1st gen came with a few different sizes. 31x10.50r15 would be the largest tire you can run without trimming fenders or lifting your truck.

TireRack.com will probably get you your tires the cheapest. Another, cheaper, option would be treadwright.com, if you're willing to trust retread tires (which I don't see why not as I've heard nothing but good things about them).

Good luck :thumbsup:

one last thing...is 3.75 a good offset?

either 3.75" or 4" of BackSpace is fine as far as rubbing is concerned, I'm just picky about the way my truck sits so I went with 4" :rolleyes:

in my humble opinion, 3.75 would be much better. But if you already have the stock rims, just put our new tires on there?
like brandon said, 31x10.50-15's are the largest, even with a little lift thats pretty much the largest. with a smaller backspacing, the less chance you have for rubbing. but this does mean your tires will stick out a little ways. some people, like brandon dislike this, and thats okay. I dont mind it, and am looking for 3.5" of backspacing !

in my humble opinion, 3.75 would be much better. But if you already have the stock rims, just put our new tires on there?
like brandon said, 31x10.50-15's are the largest, even with a little lift thats pretty much the largest. with a smaller backspacing, the less chance you have for rubbing. but this does mean your tires will stick out a little ways. some people, like brandon dislike this, and thats okay. I dont mind it, and am looking for 3.5" of backspacing !

this is tricky because the less bs they will still out more and rub less on inside items like radius arms or inside fender wells but only at full turn and is still drivable.now with that said, this is not the danger rub spot on explorers its the bottom of the front fenders and front edge of the bumper,the more bs like 3.75-4 the less likely of rubbing on these spots and these spots are not drivable:rolleyes:

Back