DSC00670.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 4,094
  • DSC00671.jpg
    DSC00671.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4,065
  • DSC00672.jpg
    DSC00672.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 8,244

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pure bad-a... It's great how everything looks... Are you building this all in your garage or like a small shop? Love the rear bumper and the front bumper. I didnt get a chance to look at all the photos but are you going to be adding a like stinger hoop to the front bumper? For those steep descents.

Axial32 -- We are building the truck at my office. We have 1,000 sq.ft. of working space and are using every bit of it. And yes to your second question about a stinger hoop for the front bumper. Winter said it will be a very nice one, not to big but in purportion to the size of the bumper.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Bueller?

Bueller?!!?

Bueller?????

Jeff - :navajo:

thats a kick ass office!!

Im with SVO rolling yet? LOL

Well, I wasn't going to post anymore picture's until the tire carrier was completely finish, but it's really close to being done, so here are a few photo's.

1. the first one is a before photo of what is going to be covered with sheet metal.

2. Second one is another before looking underneath where the sheet metal will be welded.

3. Third one is Winter hodling the plate he just cut out to be welded into place.

4. Fourth one is putting the sheet metal into place.

DSC00883.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00885.JPG

DSC00886.JPG

More pic.

5. Fifth one is more plateing.

6. Sixth one finishing welding the sheet metal into place.

7. Seventh one is looking underneath.

8. Eighth one is bumper support bracket

DSC00888.JPG

DSC00890.JPG

DSC00891.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

:frustrateStill some more ---

9. Nineth one is Side view of the sheet metal in place.

10. Tenth one is Underneath look of the trailer hitch receiver that was notch into place in the bumper. I have to take another photo of the front look. My first photo exceed the file limit.

11. The last photo is another receiver built into the tire carrier mount for misc. item's (like MT. Bike's, Gas Can etc.)

Life has been very busy for the both of us lately, so not much as been done in the last couple of week's.:(

DSC00901.JPG

DSC00917.JPG

DSC00921.JPG

I can't see any of them!

Ok, got it to work this time.

This photo is the front view of the notch out trailer hitch receiver which was welded into place.

Attachments

• DSC00923.JPG
    DSC00923.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 2,653

I can't see any of them!

I don't know why? I just got home from my office where I posted them and they work here at home!

:dunno: I can see them now and it looks sweet! The Big R near my house sells hitches that are the 2" slide in part only for like $10. I put them on just about every bumper I build!

That receiver part was actually a piece cut off of a Reese extention hitch that I had bought year's ago when I had a Lance Camper on the first dually truck that I had. It was never used, so it was still brand new and we decided to cut it up (it was 4' long) and use it for both of bumper hitch and the tire carrier receiver. Winter cut out a notch in the bumper and slipped it in place and rewelded it in. He then cut off the little metal loop's that would hold the chain and rewelded then back on the hitch. Pretty slick! Alway's recycling when possible.

So what is the process to get this truck to a SEMA show? I think that once it's done, before you actually use it, an appearance at something like that should be made. Maybe that will spark the interest in the Explorer and aide in our aftermarket support.

So what is the process to get this truck to a SEMA show? I think that once it's done, before you actually use it, an appearance at something like that should be made. Maybe that will spark the interest in the Explorer and aide in our aftermarket support.

Well we got to first get it done, and see how it all turn's out. Once the bumper area is finish, then I think Winter will move on to getting the new Currie rear end Fab up for the 4-link system which we had on the first Currie rear end. The 4-link is done, the bracket's that hold it on need to be redone on the new rear end. We got our Military approve plexy glass rear side window's back last week with the mounting hole's drilled into them, so they are ready to be mounted on the truck. Next is sheet metal to enclose the rear back area. Then line-xing the rear roof panel to make sure it won't leak, and for some sound barrier. Then on to the front end getting that finish with new full size Bronco Axles and brakes, Prowler headlite's need to be mounted, Fiberglass fender's on the outside, Stringer hoop

on the front bumper, new gear's in the front diff, and a paint job. I'm probably leaving a lot out yet that need's to be done though. So you can see, we have a way's to go. Hopefully by year's end, but that's what I said last year:rolleyes:

Kirby,

The reason you can't see the attachments, are because your not "Elite", once you pay your Explorer forum dues you can see the attachments that we put up and you are then also help out the site in keeping it alive.

In fact Rick has put in place a Stimulus program for those whom want to become "Elite":

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246597

Hope you decide to become one of the few the proud Explorer Forum Elite!! :salute:

Jeff - :navajo:

Hey, 410 & SVO, don't you two have builds going on that I keep hearing about? BACK TO THE GARAGE! And I wouldn't mind seeing a progress pic of Paul's truck either!!!

FAH-Q!

Hey Stic-o....
This is one of the pics I saw that started this whole drop down tire idea. Not sure I would do it again even if it works....

Kirby,

The reason you can't see the attachments, are because your not "Elite", once you pay your Explorer forum dues you can see the attachments that we put up and you are then also help out the site in keeping it alive.

In fact Rick has put in place a Stimulus program for those whom want to become "Elite":

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246597

Thanks, I got the emails. I can see them now.

I could see them with my non-elite test account.. If you were at work when trying to view it, it may have been security policies at work on the company's domain that prevented you from viewing them or just a screwup in the browser..

Back