• Register Today It's free!

winch ideas

streetbob

Reaction score
City, State
southern il
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt
Getting ready to purchase a winch, has anyone made their own mounts( with pics). Lookin for ideas, dont want to spend another $500 for a bumper, rather make my own. thanks for your time

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you come up with or find a good idea post it here because I need to do the same thing soon.

ok some reviews but not much for comments so how about this, Im thinkin hidden in stock bumper or should I do a full custom bumper, or maybe just a bull bar or hoop?

i like to hidden look, there is a right up on mysporttrac.com that shows you how to install behind factory bumper using a universal mounting kit it looks clean but i think for this to work you will have to have a body lift

A buddy of mine owns an exhaust shop. He took a WARN Universal Winch Mount, welded some square steel to it, added some bent pipe for a light bar and some tabs to mount them on. Then he welded it all directly to the frame.

He's a big time wheeler, he said he's seen the bolt on stuff mush away, that's why he welds everything on his truck.

Here is some before and after pics.

WinchTray1.jpg

WinchTray2.jpg

WinchTray3.jpg

Tray_1.jpg

FrontnoTrim.jpg

Front_Done_3.jpg

Winch_1.jpg

Winch_2.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Oh, I should have added that I have a 3" body lift which left the frame mounting points for the bumper exposed for the winch tray mounting.

Very nice.

Thanks great pictures. This is the kind of insperation im lookin for. thanks for the feed back

Back