• Register Today It's free!

Winch

mental_help

Reaction score
City, State
Hazlehurst,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
I found i winch for $34 it pulls 6000 pounds rolling and i have a basicly stock 94 xlt do you guys think this winch is big enough to pull me out of some mud?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it depends on how stuck you are, a good idea is to have a 2x veh weight winch but for 34 bucks thats a steal! as long as it works good and you learn how to use it properly a 6k winch is great!

You need atleast 8000 lb winch.. 1.5 times the weight of the truck..

For $34!!! That's a great deal, and if you break it...who cares?! I would get it. Just my 2 cents worth.:)

I found i winch for $34 it pulls 6000 pounds rolling and i have a basicly stock 94 xlt do you guys think this winch is big enough to pull me out of some mud?

What kind of winch electric, hydraulic, or manual (aka come along)? Is it new or used? In my experience you'd want at least a 9000lb winch.. Do you have tow hooks on your explorer or any recovery points?

You sure this isn't a winch for a 4 wheeler or something???

Oh, and before spending money on this you should invest $21 in a chiltons manual so you can see pics of how to fix your own stuff if you haven't done that already! That will be far more valuable than a $34 winch...

Please don't say its one of these..
riverwinchpic3.jpg

60668178108080_0.jpg

Those aren't meant for stuck vehicles..

what is it?

if you get that winch your gonna have to move your $10 fog lights, not worth it IMO

Ask your self three simple questions...

A) What does your explorer weight?
B) Is there a difference between rolling weight and static (dead) weight?
C) What kind of weight is your explorer when its stuck (either rolling or static)

Just answer them and hopefully the dim little lightbulb will click. If it dosent, yes, buy the damn winch.

And tie it to your pecker. :D

lol I like that pecker idea I think I might have to try that.

did you answer the questions yet? let us know, im curious to see how this works out.

I am a Little worried about the tying it to my pecker i don't think that would turn out to good so i don't think i am going to git it. :)

Ask your self three simple questions...

A) What does your explorer weight?
B) Is there a difference between rolling weight and static (dead) weight?
C) What kind of weight is your explorer when its stuck (either rolling or static)

Just answer them and hopefully the dim little lightbulb will click. If it dosent, yes, buy the damn winch.

Those questions... and stop talking about your pecker.

6000# winch wouldnt even beging to pull my pecker, need to rope it 4:2 first...then maybe

lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your ignoring my questions, that dosent make me feel good...

Back