winch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

winch

M

MATTADAMS#2

Guy's I'm kind of looking at the 9500 series winches. I'm kind of leaning to the Ramsey Pro Plus but still have Warn as a option. I need to know if you can mount(direct bolt on)either of these winches to the smitty built tube bumper or the Warn brush gaurd/winch mount. I know I'll half to reinforce the Smitty built and could use some ideas about that also. Any input on any winch or set-up would be greatly appreciated.

I got you covered Matt. The Smittybuilt bumper has an optional WARN winch mounting plate. Yes, a Ramsey will mount up, but it is in the fairleed where the lineup is different. Of course you could drill new hole in the winch plate to adapt it to a Ramsey, but Warn has better warranty coverage. I mean that they have more repair facilities and are easier to work w/ if there is a problem.

As for the reinforcement, I used 2" square tubing, the same that goes into a reciever hitch and cut and welded it to the winch plate, the bottom tube, and also to an inside frame bracket. It is really hard to explain and I will try to get some pics of it, but it is not going anywhere.

Back