Window Controls

awhughes

Reaction score
City, State
Kernersville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 exp, xlt sohc, 4x4
Here's my issue:
The window controls on all 3 doors (besides the driver) are not working. The driver door window controls still works and will open and close all windows, so not a motor issue on any of the doors.

The window lock feature on the driver door is not in the locked position. Any ideas. Could the window lock feature on the drivers door be causing this, by being stuck in the lock position?

No fuse as I can tell controls the window operation.

Here's my issue:
The window controls on all 3 doors (besides the driver) are not working. The driver door window controls still works and will open and close all windows, so not a motor issue on any of the doors.

The window lock feature on the driver door is not in the locked position. Any ideas. Could the window lock feature on the drivers door be causing this, by being stuck in the lock position?

No fuse as I can tell controls the window operation.

It sounds like the lock feature is stuck in the ON position. Normal i'd think it'd be a short or a bad switch but since it's all 3 doors except for the drivers door it deff sounds like the switch is stuck.

as indicated, its the switch... can be cleaned or replaced.... BUT use a meter to check it

I determined it being a dirty or failing window lock switch on driver door. I held down (open) on the front passanger window switch and toggled the window lock switch on the driver door.

After about 10 or so quick toglges back and forth from lock to unclok, the passanger window switch started to work again. OK for now.

Will not replace window lock switch at this juncture, due to 182k miles and its only my short commuter vehicle.

Back