Window motor clicks, doesn't roll up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window motor clicks, doesn't roll up

Seabiscuit68

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer
My driver's side front window is down and not coming back up. I hear the motor click but not turn. I'm having difficulty finding the right thread for this. I just read about replacing the bushings but I don't think that's what I need to do. I finally found the dimple (tiny). Maybe I'll pull the motor and see if it turns when out of the door. Would this be a lube the track thing? I guess I need some pointers here.
TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a gear kit to repair the thing, I just had mine done. The gears are probably stripped and slipping.

So today I took a hammer and gave it a good whack on the rivet and now it goes up and down just fine. It's nice to know what to do if/when this happens again but I can see pulling the door panel whacking it and putting the door panel back on getting old. Hmmmm. FirstExplorer, given my experience today do you still think the gear kit would help?

Ba-dum-tsssss.

I wish the hammer trick worked more often than not!

I wish the hammer trick worked more often than not!
Years ago, my air conditioner compressor clutch would get stuck in the idler position and not kick in to cycle the ac on, so it would blow hot air. I had to stop, get out, pop the hood, and beat the snot out of it with a rubber mallet to get the clutch to get unstuck.

I did this for one whole summer in Texas, and my little Thing One and Thing Two thought it real funny when Daddy got out his mallet. Cars and trucks would honk at me seeing me under the hood beating the daylights out of my truck.

I completely rebuilt the ac system last summer with an all new R12, that's right, R12 ac.

I did this for one whole summer in Texas, and my little Thing One and Thing Two thought it real funny when Daddy got out his mallet. .

LMAO!!!!!! I can relate...

Back