• Register Today It's free!

window motor replacement

tompkinswest

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xlt flex fuel
Hi...I have an 03 explorer with a bad window motor on the front passenger side door. Can anybody give me some advice on how to remove and replace it? The window is stuck in the down position and I tried to remove the entire regulator assembly but it wont fit out of the top of the window slot. I dont know how to remove just the motor as it has a gear assembly attached to it with 2 cables coming out of it. I'm positive that the motor is bad as I had the switch tested . I can also only hear the motor engage (click) when I hit the down side of the switch. Thanks!!

Window Motor Problem

I would be interested also. I finally got my motor out of my broken passenger side window. It just quit. But unlike one of the threads with pics, mine has like 8mm bolt heads and a different looking looking gear. While I was removing the third bolt something unsprung and ripped my thumb open. A part obviously different than the motor. I have the motor out but almost afraid of what type of task is involved with respringing whatever unsprung. Would be very interested in anyone who has any info. By the way, I did screw out some of the rivets that hold some of the parts like an idiot before finding this site. If someone knows what rivets to use to reassemble this mess I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Back