Window off track....

Viro

Reaction score
City, State
Leamington, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
Got a 2004 Sport Trac 4x4....

My window froze up on me the other day so I gave it a little smack to free it up which it was okay that night. Next day I had it rolled all the way down and when I went to roll it up it went up crooked....so it came off the track.

I painstakingly took the door panel off to find that the front part of the window popped out of the U-channel. So I hummed and hawed, heaved and hoed and can't get it back on and rather than continue farting with it I put it back together for now.

So what's the trick to getting this thing back in. It's off the track and not in the whole window door/weatherstripping either. I'm thinking I have to pop the window off the other U-channel and get this thing back in the u-channels with some more silicone but I could use a little advice before I uh, possibly break something....

I see posts about drilling out rivets etc etc and don't know if I wanna get into that....I 'think' I need to free up the other u-channel and get someone to hold the window up and in place and resilicone but I don't know what's the best way to free up that other u-channel from the silicone....

Back