• Register Today It's free!

window stuck

Smurfslayer

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 EB
:rolleyes: I'll bet I know already but...

My rear driver's window has decided it likes the down position better than the up position. :mad: It's making a slight noise & will go down if I manually pull it up...

It's a '91 Eddie Bauer.

I got the piece around the door handle off, but how do I get the door trim off to get to the window motor ?

Any tricks, gotchas etc... ? ? ?

What should I expect to pay for the part ?

TIA,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The door panel comes off by undoing the two screws in it, and popping it off the door. Just stick a screwdriver underneath the plastic, and pop it straight out.

Pulling the door panel up at the end helps too, as it is sitting on the window sill. Don't forget to disconnect any power switches from the panel before removing it.

I figured out the handle part ok (the two screws) , but I have a unique ability to break things :eek: and didn't want to ruin this if there were connectors I couldn't see...

So the panel part just 'pops' off ?

Thanks for the help ! ! ! !

:chug:

Yup, just take the 2 screws off, and pull the fasteners away from the door. You may have to pry a little, but it shouldn't be any harder than pulling with your bare hands. YOu don't have to worry about the cable for the window button untill you get the panel off. You will have to rip the plastic off to get to see it. ON mine the cables were trashed for the window lift.
I had to take mine to ford. The window lift from ford was 200 bucks with a hundred dollar labor to install. They forgot to charge me for the part though. He He He. If it was a front window, I could tell you how to fix it for free, but the rears have a cable mechanism, that I know nothing about. You may be able to get a cheaper replacement from an auto parts store. good luck, and If I can be of more assistance, then just let me know.

Andy

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Sure enough, looks like the motor - maybe the cable(s)? are shot. I can lift the window, but it won't stay... I'm going to have to brace it & get it to a mechanic I think...

I have a Haynes manual, but it looks like getting the motor free involves removing the glass and all. Major bummer.

Back