Window Track System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Track System

x_benzie_x

Reaction score
City, State
Cantonment/Pensacola FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
At one point my window started having issues going up. Listening to stupid people that said it be fine to help it along when rolling it up instead of leaving it up and alone. A let a friend look at it long story short I am looking into it today and it looks to me (And no I have no clue about vehicles) that the window is completely off track it won't even attempt to roll down anymore just click. I am pretty sure the motor is dead on it. I found what I think is a guide on the bottom inside the door and have no clue where it needs to be mounted back too. I am pretty much at a stand still on what do to or where to start. I'm not even sure what questions to ask. I'm not completely alone on this I have my father assisting and a ford book but it's not giving us a clue on where this guide (a long black and metal piece with a slight curve)) goes. There is one in the front part of the door but it doesn't look the same. Can you help a girl out and give her an idea where to start looking or should I just take it into a shop?

Back