Windows work after door opened and power drain | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windows work after door opened and power drain

Thingster

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
I have two issues that i'm not sure are connected or not.

First I have a power drain. I'll chase it this evening, but it's not my main concern right now.

With the key off, removed, and doors open my power windows still operate. All of my searches came back to people commenting on the accessory delay, but that is not what this is.

So is the windows still operating a common issue? If so, typical causes?

I'm going to chase the power drain first to see if it's in the window circuit and if these are connected.

Justin

I have two issues that i'm not sure are connected or not.

First I have a power drain. I'll chase it this evening, but it's not my main concern right now.

With the key off, removed, and doors open my power windows still operate. All of my searches came back to people commenting on the accessory delay, but that is not what this is.

So is the windows still operating a common issue? If so, typical causes?

I'm going to chase the power drain first to see if it's in the window circuit and if these are connected.

Justin

Why do you say the Acc Delay relay is not the issue? If it is either hanging up, or is being power by the GEM improperly, the power window circuit will stay powered up. Other possibilities are the Battery Saver relay, the GEM, or the driver's side master switch. There are two fuses involved - 30A Maxi fuse #4 in battery fuse box powers the windows; 10A fuse #26 in central box powers the GEM and Battery Saver relay.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.

It did it three times in a row at work today, but as soon as I got home it started acting correctly. I'm traveling with a DMM now so as soon as it gets funny I can start chasing.

Justin

Back