Windshield from Hell

LudusHatesReese

Reaction score
City, State
Pearland, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Sport 4.0L
Two questions about windshields.

1) What is the name of the chemical they use to fix small cracks in the windshield? (and where can i get it?)

2) Is there a temporary fix for crappy weather stripping so my car doesn't leak when it rains?:frustrate :shoot:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The top of my windshield leaked like crazy when it rained. I went to the store got some silicone weather strip sealant (not sure if it was silicone or not). I lifted up the rubber seal on the top of the windshield and shoved the tube in there and squeezed all of the stuff out goning back and forth to get it all the way across the top of the windshield.

No Leaks any more.:D

I dont know about fixing little cracks.

Brian

For fixing little cracks, you could try this product:

Dead Link Removed

I thought I've seen this product in automotive stores, although I'm probably mistaken.......

Thanks guys. Although i'm not sure that crack thing will work for me. Mine is a long thin line, not a big hole. I'll let you know how it turns out though.

I've tried that repair kit on both types of cracks. I have a long thin crack that is about 7 in. and was spreading before I used the repair stuf and it did stop the spreading but it didn't get rid of the crack like it said it would. I also had a "bullet hole" or "spider web" crack in mine and it failed to get rid of it after 2 attempts of trying to repair it.

In south carolina, insurance pays for new windows, all of the price.

Yes, if you have full coverage, insurance will cover it, but seeing as how my ex has 155k miles and is 12 years old, i find that full coverage is a waste, and i only have liability.

Back