Windshield noise with video - Diagnosis needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield noise with video - Diagnosis needed

clayjo

Reaction score
City, State
Norwalk, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Please help me diagnose this problem for my dealer. Is the vibration/wind noise the cowl or the A pillar? Noise is intermittent and loudness typically increases with speed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont know how to describe the part, but its the plastic and rubber piece that runs along the length of the bottom of the windshield across where the wipers are. Run a piece of tape along that entire edge to tape it down to the windshield and the noise will likely stop......others have had similar noise and this was the part it was traced to. Only other part it could be would be the A pillar

I dont know how to describe the part, but its the plastic and rubber piece that runs along the length of the bottom of the windshield across where the wipers are. Run a piece of tape along that entire edge to tape it down to the windshield and the noise will likely stop......others have had similar noise and this was the part it was traced to. Only other part it could be would be the A pillar
That would be the 'cowl'. ;)

clayjo, as cnsheets suggested, a few members have taped this cowl down to see if it is the problem. In some cases it was. You can also try the same with the 'A' pillars if the noise is still there. Good luck.

Peter

That is the noise I got from my A-pillar on the passenger side. When I took took my 2011 Limited to the dealer they replace both A-pillar covers and the noise never came back.

One way to see if it is from the same place my noise was from is when it is making the noise turn on the windshield washer. When I did that the noise would stop for maybe a minute until the fluid dried up then the noise would start again.

Please help me diagnose this problem for my dealer...
clayjo,

I’m interested in lending a hand by setting up a call from your regional customer service manager. I have your vehicle info from previous messages, so please send me a PM with your best daytime phone number and current mileage.

Cory

Back