Windshield replaced....not autolamp feature doesn't work. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield replaced....not autolamp feature doesn't work.

2talll

Reaction score
City, State
Ansonia, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport
I had my windshield replaced on Thursday and I noticed when driving last night the headlights didn't come on automatically. I played with the switch on the mirror and nothing happened.

Is there a wire, a sensor, or something they could've connected wrong or something simple that I can check to fix so I don't have to deal with trying to get them to come back out and fix that? It worked fine before the windshield was replaced, btw.

Thanks for the help!

I had my windshield replaced on Thursday and I noticed when driving last night the headlights didn't come on automatically. I played with the switch on the mirror and nothing happened.

Is there a wire, a sensor, or something they could've connected wrong or something simple that I can check to fix so I don't have to deal with trying to get them to come back out and fix that? It worked fine before the windshield was replaced, btw.

Thanks for the help!

Check to see if the plug on the back of the mirror is connected correctly. Other than that, I don't know. I believe the light sensor is on the mirror itself, the side that faces the front of the vehicle.

Yeah, I made the mistake of assuming that would be to easy for someone to forget to do....and I couldn't really see last night when I quickly checked.....but the guy didn't even bother to plug it back in.

Glad it was an easy fix!

Back