• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Tint

mr.explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Clearwater, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer
So I had an eyebrow up on my truck that looks horrible. I then had the dot matrix cut nad filled with vinyl, and again looks horrible. I was at the tint shop and it was telling me about having the whole windshield tinted with cxp80. Does anyone have any experience with this? I kinda like the way it seems to have a high gloss finish so it looks really shiny. At least the guys did anyway.

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I not a fan of tinted windshield cant see well at night if u hit some one ther going to have some good money it ur truck do what uwill like

I hate being the jerk that just responds to a question like that with "its illegal" but just keep that in mind.

When I got my 4th gen the windshield had a 55% tint on the entire windshield. It looked amazing from the outside, and kept the dashboard much cooler in the direct sunlight. I had no issues driving during the day, but at night it greatly hindered your ability to see. You could only see about 30 yards down the road with the stock headlights and tint.

I didn't mind it enough to deal with the hell of taking off the tine so I left it on for about a month before being stopped by a trooper that was on foot. Yes he sniped the tint when he was standing on the double yellow line directing traffic. He didn't give me a ticket but I was told to get that s**t off the windshield so...
IMG_1367_zpsc971f576.jpg

Thanks guys. I was looking at CXP80 which is damn near clear. My tint guy had it on his truck, and it looked great. Made it look very shiny from the outside, to the point that you almoset couldt see in. From the inside, you couldn't tell it was even on.

Thanks guys. I was looking at CXP80 which is damn near clear. My tint guy had it on his truck, and it looked great. Made it look very shiny from the outside, to the point that you almoset couldt see in. From the inside, you couldn't tell it was even on.

Would like to see some pics when you do it.

I decided against getting the windshield done. I tried one more place that came out to my work and put a front strip on! Looks perfect. The dot matrix is completely covered. Only problem I am trying to deal with is that is not as thick as my other strips. This strip ends about 1/4 in above the rearview mirror. It fine in width on the driver and passenger side, but the middle looks to slim!!! I called the guy to come back out but I am scared that the next piece won't lay and look lie this. I would assuem I will get used to it.

Back