Windshield Visor Tint strip | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Visor Tint strip

I’ve always known it as ‘ dot matrix’. TintDude.com The Window Tinting Resource - TintDude Window Tinting

On my Vettes, I had black vinyl installed over the matrix, no bubbles, no troubles.

The solid and patterned black areas/bands on auto glass is called frit - its like a ceramic glaze that is baked into the glass.

There are known issues with tinting over frit and a multitude of options for how tint shops deal with it. Some apply black vinyl over it and butt seam the tint against the vinyl. Some sand the frit. Others try to fill it with clear epoxy or glue. There are also shops that paint over it to fill it in.

I’ve always known it as ‘ dot matrix’. TintDude.com The Window Tinting Resource - TintDude Window Tinting

On my Vettes, I had black vinyl installed over the matrix, no bubbles, no troubles.

The solid and patterned black areas/bands on auto glass is called frit - its like a ceramic glaze that is baked into the glass.

There are known issues with tinting over frit and a multitude of options for how tint shops deal with it. Some apply black vinyl over it and butt seam the tint against the vinyl. Some sand the frit. Others try to fill it with clear epoxy or glue. There are also shops that paint over it to fill it in.

Back