windshield washer fluid not being dispensed? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

windshield washer fluid not being dispensed?

RAGS77

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
I have a 2000 XLT Ex and when I push in the stalk on the steering wheel, windshield washer fluid doesn't get dispensed to the windshield. I can't even hear a noise that it wants to work.

Is there a motor for windshield wiper fluid or is there something else I should check? Where would the motor reside if there were one?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How cold is it there? The washer fluid could have frozen in the lines.

Does the rear one still work?

The same motor does both, but relays switch its direction. If the front doesn't work but the back does and vice versa, it's likely a relay. Also check first, fuses.

oh, it could also be multifunction switch, it controls the front but not real, and is known to be a pain sometimes

It has been cold here in PA. 2 different switches, the front controlled by the stalk on the steering wheel, and the turn knob to the right of the radio. Both front and back don't work.

I will check the fuses first.

I will reply when I figure out what it is or isn't.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just wanted to followup with everyone...

Ended up being a blown fuse.

Thanks again for the help.

I actually have the same problem with my 2000 sport. My rear washer works but the front doesn't. Where would I find the relay that was mentioned before?

Back