windshield washer fluid problem | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

windshield washer fluid problem

dj60

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
my windshield washer fluid is full, but every time i push the button in to spray nothing happens most of the time. it will spray out washer fluid but usually not on the first try or second or thrid etc. does anyone know what might be causing this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

timleedude

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 XLT 4.0 6cyl
If you're gonna use wd-40 or brake cleaner fluid, make sure you cover the nozzle with cloth or something so that the fluid doesn't go all over your explorer. And to be safe, wash the area around the nozzle with soap and water so that the paint won't get damaged in any way. I like to play it safe.

-Tim

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

gsx220

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V8
the button might also be messed up in that combo switch mine takes a few pushes to get it to work.

Ranger379

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
middle of nowhere, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4X4 4.0 OHV Auto
when i push my button it nothing happens, wiggle it a little tray again a couple times and it works, mine dont make noise like likes trying to spary (like it does when its empty) so wouldnt it be the button?

Tacoma36

Reaction score
City, State
Wailuku hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Toyota tacoma
2012 explorer washer fluid not shootin out from front windshield