Windshield Washer Pump Not Working? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Washer Pump Not Working?

thegame310

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
Awhile ago, I had to get the windshield washer switch replaced in my 01 Explorer Sport. Ever since that happened, my wipers work fine...however ever since then the pump seems to not be working at all, as no fluid comes out at all.

Now, the pump worked fine before the switch got replaced (had issues with my turn signal, the replacement switch fixed those)

So...anyone have any ideas?

Awhile ago, I had to get the windshield washer switch replaced in my 01 Explorer Sport. Ever since that happened, my wipers work fine...however ever since then the pump seems to not be working at all, as no fluid comes out at all.

Now, the pump worked fine before the switch got replaced (had issues with my turn signal, the replacement switch fixed those)

So...anyone have any ideas?

Was the "new" multifunction switch (MFS) really new or a junkyard part? Odds are either the WW switch part of the "new" switch is bad, or its a problem with the connector where the switch plugs in. If you had it done at a shop, take it back and get them to fix it correctly.

Do you hear the pump trying to pump? (Could be a hole in the hose somewhere), or you might want to try swapping relays.

Back