Windshield wiper cowl for 91-94 X

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Has anyone tried to put a wiper cowl cover on a 1st gen X. I can't find anyone that makes one for a 91-94 X, but they make them for 91-94 Bronco, ranger and f-150. Would one of these be close enough to modify to an Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

It would work if that's a Bronco II you are talkin about

Originally posted by 4Wheelin
It would work if that's a Bronco II you are talkin about

So you're telling me that the Window and hood from the Bronco II are the same as the Explorer? What years? I was certain it would be A rtanger or F-150

I think it was the 89-92, the same years as the Gen 2 Rangers, that had the matching front clips

Originally posted by 4Wheelin
I think it was the 89-92, the same years as the Gen 2 Rangers, that had the matching front clips

So let me see if I understand this. 89-92 Bronco II and the 2nd generation Rangers, Presumably 89-92, will match window and hood lines of 91-92 Explorer?? So what about the 93-94 Explorers?? What years and types match up to them? I thought that they were the same from 91-94 on the Explorers.

the hoods from rangers are the same, but ti think they did something wierd to the cowls that made them incompatible.....

I cowl on the X would have NO benefit. If you look at how the air intake is placed you will understand this better. Cowl hoods only realy do anything if you have the air intake directly under them. Like on a carbeurated car. You will have ZERO gain. Assuming you knew that, What is the point?

Originally posted by TheRookie
Cowl hoods ............ Assuming you knew that, What is the point?

See what happens when we ASSUME. I assumed you had read the post!!

I want to install a wiper cowl!!!!

Originally posted by jimabena74
the hoods from rangers are the same, but ti think they did something wierd to the cowls that made them incompatible.....

Don't ranger wipers sit level with the hood like the Explorers do? I am bound and determined to modify a wiper cowl to fit.

What year Rangers and Other Fords will match up with the hood and window lines of a 1993 Explorer? This is for a wiper cowl. What is the closest?

i am not sure, but i dont think they line up properly at all.... the fronts line up, but the back sheetmetal is different

cowl on the X would have NO benefit. If you look at how the air intake is placed you will understand this better. Cowl hoods only realy do anything if you have the air intake directly under them. Like on a carbeurated car. You will have ZERO gain. Assuming you knew that, What is the point?

I wouldn't say _zero_ gain. Another purpose of a cowl hood is to let heat out of the engine bay. If you have an open element air filter, this would be helpful. Reducing underhood temps will prolong the life of the battery, alternator, and a/c among other things.

this thread isnt about cowl hoods.... but about the piece of metal between the windshield and the hood.....

It's called a Windshield Wiper Cowl!!

Attachments

• truckstuffusa_1719_50912571.gif
    truckstuffusa_1719_50912571.gif
    36 KB · Views: 627

O I see...one of THOSE things. I thought you meant a cowl induction hood. I still think TheRookie was talking about a cowl induction hood based on what he posted.

I think wiper cowls are supposed to make a car or truck look chopped, and/or to hide the wipers. I didn't know there was any performance benefit or loss from them.

There isn't any benefit from them other than I would like to install one. I am hoping that it will look good as well as provide some additional wind protection from airflow so my sprayer will spray in an even flow. Ever since I installed my bugguard it has thrown air at the wipers and my windshield washer sprays a mist due to the increased airflow.

Back