• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Wiper Noise

green_day365

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
As I drive down the highway on really windy days, a loud whistling noise can be heard from the windshield wipers. I have replaced the wiper blades [including the frames] but not the connecting arms. Has anyone else ever experienced this and do I need to look at getting new arms?

first make sure its your wiper blades that are whistling then see if it is the type of blades you have on it that are making the noise (eather take oif the blades and go for a drive or put some flex blades on it) and finally make sure the blade arms are at the correct angle

Sorry it has been a while since I got back to this. I noticed the blades were sitting above the top black tic marks on the windshield. I changed their angle to be between the two tic marks so hopefully that fixes it. Thanks for that suggestion as I have overlooked it several times.

Ok, a little update. I was driving yesterday and had the wipers make the noise again. So, do you think it is not enough tension in the wiper arm? I haven't taken the wipers off and driven yet because since I live in Kansas we have been getting some wild weather lately.

Back