Windshield wipers mechanism and horn problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield wipers mechanism and horn problems

Razziel24

Reaction score
City, State
Guayaquil
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 3.5 V6 Base
Hi, I have a 2012, a few months ago the 2 tone horn stopped working and now I only get a weak "one tone" sound when I use it, do you guys know what do I need to buy, maybe the OEM part numbers ? Would it be better to buy some generic 2 tone horn on ebay for example ?

Another problem I have its with the windshield wipers, when I turn them on they work but then they never turn off, sometimes even after I turn off the engine, and turn it back on, they start wiping again.... its driving me crazy, they told me I have to buy the whole switch. How should I look for it online ?

I live in Ecuador, and dealership prices down here are crazy, so I want to get both things by myself.

Thanks in advance.

:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess I am not familiar with the "2 tone horn" but the wipers sure sounds like an electrical issue (possibly the switch?)

Hi, I have a 2012, a few months ago the 2 tone horn stopped working and now I only get a weak "one tone" sound when I use it, do you guys know what do I need to buy, maybe the OEM part numbers ? Would it be better to buy some generic 2 tone horn on ebay for example ?

Another problem I have its with the windshield wipers, when I turn them on they work but then they never turn off, sometimes even after I turn off the engine, and turn it back on, they start wiping again.... its driving me crazy, they told me I have to buy the whole switch. How should I look for it online ?

I live in Ecuador, and dealership prices down here are crazy, so I want to get both things by myself.

Hi Razziel24,

I work primarily with U.S. customers. Ecuador is the responsibility of Ford of Venezuela. I recommend reaching out to 01800-113355 for swift assistance, if needed.

Have a great weekend!

Todd

Hi Razziel24,

I work primarily with U.S. customers. Ecuador is the responsibility of Ford of Venezuela. I recommend reaching out to 01800-113355 for swift assistance, if needed.

Have a great weekend!

Todd

Thanks Todd

On Saturday I had my wiper switch replaced. My wipers were wiping intermittently in 20 sec. cycles without my input. When it first occurred, I had tot remove the fuse.
Dealer replaced @: $158.72 CAD all in.

Your horn 'sounds' like it's toast. No biggie $$$.

IMG_2490_zps0dis3sct.jpg

IMG_2491_zps1stefl0t.jpg

IMG_2493_zpsuctuhkrw.jpg

Thanks in advance.

:thumbsup:

2013 Explorer XLT windshield wiper will not turn off

New in the forum and looking for help. Didn't want to pay those outrageous cost of repair and parts. Started happening last week. The wipers will not turn off. I can move the wiper controls to try to turn it off and it does...momentarily. The only way to turn them off is to turn off ignition. But once I turn on the ignition, it will turn on immediately. Any help would be appreciated.:salute:

New in the forum and looking for help. Didn't want to pay those outrageous cost of repair and parts. Started happening last week. The wipers will not turn off. I can move the wiper controls to try to turn it off and it does...momentarily. The only way to turn them off is to turn off ignition. But once I turn on the ignition, it will turn on immediately. Any help would be appreciated.:salute:
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Using the Forum's 'Search' program I found this thread and merged yours with it. There is also another thread on the 'Phantom' wipe. I think you will probably have to replace the switch and that is why I moved it here. Good luck.

Peter

Back