Winter Rims / Wheels | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Winter Rims / Wheels

I think I am going to get one of these.

Screenshot_20190928-184110_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190821-205228_Chrome.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know the frequency of the 2020 TPMS? Looks like the 19s were 315mhz.. wondering if the 20s are different.

This is my front driveway this AM in Calgary, Alberta.

My question is I have a 2010 White Explrer ST on order. I have an a set of Lincoln MKT 20" Rims and Snow Tires which I would like to mount on the Explorer with the Street Package. Does anyone know if the rims will fit with no interference on the brake callipers and or suspension components?

Thanks in advance,

IMG_0262.JPG

UF0zFIq9SaeMhH2jZtvOCQ.jpg

^^ Your thread was merged with this one.
'Snow' tires in an outdated term. 'Winter' tires is the modern day term since the tires are beneficial for more than for just snow.;)

Peter

My question is I have a 2010 White Explrer ST on order. I have an a set of Lincoln MKT 20" Rims and Snow Tires which I would like to mount on the Explorer with the Street Package. Does anyone know if the rims will fit with no interference on the brake callipers and or suspension components?

Thanks in advance,

View attachment 174249

View attachment 174250

You have a 2010 on order?....wow that's a major delivery delay!

Will they give you fair trade when it's here or MSRP? I'd hate to think what a 2010 is worth now.
After reading all of the snarky replies I realized I had a senior moment.

Of course it should have read 2020 Explorer ST. Anyone about the fitment of the rims and tires?

Thanks,

Thanks in advance,

View attachment 174249

View attachment 174250

OMG Thats WAY too early for that kinda weather..........you need to join the rest of us and get a place down south.

OMG Thats WAY too early for that kinda weather..........you need to join the rest of us and get a place down south.
Had a place in Phoenix, just sold it last month, looks like I sold to early.

Does anyone know if 20” Edge rims will fit on an Explorer ST with 21” wheels. Reason for asking is I need a set of rims for winter tires.

Thanks.....

Which year Edge? I'm hoping to be able to use my 18" Interceptor Winter setup should I get the 2020/21 Explorer. No one has yet confirmed 18" will fit but the tires would be less expensive than 20".

Peter

Which year Edge? I'm hoping to be able to use my 18" Interceptor Winter setup should I get the 2020/21 Explorer. No one has yet confirmed 18" will fit but the tires would be less expensive than 20".

Peter
2015 Edge. It sure is hard trying to find information on which rims will fit 2020 ST.

Anyone know if these rims will fit as winter rims on a 2020 ST with 21” Street Package?

Thanks for any help.......
337B59B5-6AA1-4724-BFD0-1FF1A8FA18D6.png

I am picking my Atlas Blue ST with Street Pack up tomorrow (Saturday 26 Oct)
I dropped off my 2013-2019 Police Interceptor Rims and Winter tires off at my dealer
to have them installed.

The dealer called me back early this morning telling me that they will not fit.
As Blwnsmoke has stated, we need a new rim part number LB5Z-1015-B

I live in Ottawa Canada and my dealer has told me he will give me a great deal on them at $100.00 cnd each
I have ordered them, I already have the lug nuts and covers.

The dealers is telling me that the sensors are TPMS-60,
Peter says they are 315MHZ I can not find any TPMS-60 for a good
price, but I can find TPMS-12 that are 315MHZ. Does anybody know the difference,
Brian

Hey Brian. The ones they installed on my 2014 MKT were shown on the invoice as TPMS*12*KIT (315MHz). The ones on the 2020 could well be different
As for the wheel, that seems to be a very, very, good price. This is about the cheapest I've seen doing a quick search; Ford Wheel Assembly LB5Z-1015-B | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake I've seen them as high as $440 ea.
Looks like I may be in the same boat as you unless I go with the Nautilis. The Aviator may be the same as the Explorer.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed several aftermarket versions that look identical. Being only for winter, was debating on saving some money by going that route but I wonder how easily the cheaper ones will rust.
Looks like I may be getting an Aviator. After having the parts department priced wheels for Winter tires, I've decided to just put the Winter tires on the OEM wheels and save a lot of $$. If that happens, I'll be looking to sell my current 18" wheels/tires.

Peter

Back