Wanted - Wiper arm compatibility for '01 Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Wiper arm compatibility for '01 Sport?

Parts or services wanted

ddarko

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
So my wiper arms are losing tension and I want to replace them (or at least one of them) before the heavy snow starts to fall but it's incredibly hard to find a place that carries them in the greater Toronto area. So I turned to e-bay and found some for a reasonable price but none specifically for the sport. Does anyone know which years/models have compatible wiper arms for my '01 Sport? I suspect any 2nd gen X will be compatible but not sure because it sounds like the wiper blade sizes differ between some models.

Also, if anyone is willing to ship me a working set for a reasonable price please let me know.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what do you mean by loosing tension

what do you mean by loosing tension

It doesn't apply enough pressure onto the windshield. For instance, when I raise the arm up and then put it back down it should snap back with enough force to keep the wiper blade evenly pressed against the windshield. Instead the wiper hovers a centimeter or so above the glass unless I really push it down firmly with my hand which isn't too good for blade life. Even after that it sometimes misses some spots.

before spending all that money take the arms off soak them in some soap and water and clean them. sometimes dirt and junk get stuck in the pivot point and affects the movement and even try bending the arm inward toward the window a little that would probably be your best bet

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try cleaning it. I've already bent the arms inward a bit as a temporary solution but it once the arm is lifted the same thing occurs again.

[edit] Finally got around to cleaning the wiper arms thoroughly (weather warmed up several degrees the other day) using dish detergent, water and a toothbrush. Worked like a charm! Should've been the first thing tried... saved me $30, thanks! [/edit]

Back