Reaction score
City, State
Nashville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 PIU
2010 CVPI
Callsign
K1CAM
Just getting started on my new (to me) 2014 PIU. I'll be transferring my ham radio equipment from my CV. Also looking to attach a radio rebroadcast speaker behind the grill.

I've attached a couple of pics of the wire harness that the motor pool chopped up, and then a I found a Police 6/14 way dongle adapter in the glove box that I have no idea where to find the receiving end. Anyone know where I can start tracking down where the 2 center harness connectors lead?

IMG_20200115_123201.jpg

IMG_20200115_123114.jpg

IMG_20200115_123104.jpg

IMG_20200115_115031.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The receiving end would have gone to the harness you had in your hand with the 6 wires and the butt splice connectors.unfortunately some moron decided to cut off the connector instead of using that harness that you found. The wires are faded but are the same. It has three 30A feeds, and three grounds. The other 14 pin harness also had a matching pigtail harness but apparently they butchered that one as well and lost the harness. That one has two wires that should get you to the grill for your speaker. Google 2014 interceptor police modifier guide and you should find what you need.

Thank you, TJP!

The receiving end would have gone to the harness you had in your hand with the 6 wires and the butt splice connectors.unfortunately some moron decided to cut off the connector instead of using that harness that you found. The wires are faded but are the same. It has three 30A feeds, and three grounds. The other 14 pin harness also had a matching pigtail harness but apparently they butchered that one as well and lost the harness. That one has two wires that should get you to the grill for your speaker. Google 2014 interceptor police modifier guide and you should find what you need.

Has anyone found a good source to find the pigtails that plug into those stock connectors on the piu?I’ve done some searching but can’t find a place to order even price them out. I found a local shop that appears to be an up fitter so they are on my list to call. Hoping they might have them and be willing to sell one.

Has anyone found a good source to find the pigtails that plug into those stock connectors on the piu?I’ve done some searching but can’t find a place to order even price them out. I found a local shop that appears to be an up fitter so they are on my list to call. Hoping they might have them and be willing to sell one.
I have a few, new, pm me with your needs.

you can also get the front and rear 14 pin connectors thru ford, and the front does have aftermarket on amazon. i've had little luck with the siren and 6 pin

you can also get the front and rear 14 pin connectors thru ford, and the front does have aftermarket on amazon. i've had little luck with the siren and 6 pin

I have all 3 of the connectors with pigtails, if the OP wants a set, the cost of shipping is all I'm after.

I have all 3 of the connectors with pigtails, if the OP wants a set, the cost of shipping is all I'm after.
hmmm... wait, aren't there 4 different connectors? or is that a 2016+ thing?

anyhow, im looking for a set myself. on my '16

hmmm... wait, aren't there 4 different connectors? or is that a 2016+ thing?

anyhow, im looking for a set myself. on my '16
16 and up, 3 connectors total, unless your counting the one to split the radio speakers off for two way use.

16 and up, 3 connectors total, unless your counting the one to split the radio speakers off for two way use.
mine has a 14 in front, a 6 in front, a 14 in back (only 7 used), and a 4 in back.

CU2Z-14S411-APA
CU2Z-14S411- LUB
CU2Z-14S411- BJAC
CU2Z-14S411- HEA

i can find APA and BJAC, but not LUB or HEA

mine has a 14 in front, a 6 in front, a 14 in back (only 7 used), and a 4 in back.

CU2Z-14S411-APA
CU2Z-14S411- LUB
CU2Z-14S411- BJAC
CU2Z-14S411- HEA

i can find APA and BJAC, but not LUB or HEA
I haven't done much digging around in the back lately but don't recall seeing any back there when I tore the interior apart to put my 3rd row seats in. Where are the 14 and 4 pin connectors in the rear of yours, maybe a 16+ difference? or maybe I'm just forgetting/

I haven't done much digging around in the back lately but don't recall seeing any back there when I tore the interior apart to put my 3rd row seats in. Where are the 14 and 4 pin connectors in the rear of yours, maybe a 16+ difference? or maybe I'm just forgetting/
immediately behind the rear seat, under the plastic cover. I don't think the earlier models have em, this is for the preinstalled lights, wigwag, and siren speaker. i mostly jsut want to be able to eventually broadcast audio out thru the siren speaker, but im thinking that if i go Fienix, ill probably need to run new wire anyhow.

pg103, although it doesn't match what the chilton manual has...

immediately behind the rear seat, under the plastic cover. I don't think the earlier models have em, this is for the preinstalled lights, wigwag, and siren speaker. i mostly jsut want to be able to eventually broadcast audio out thru the siren speaker, but im thinking that if i go Fienix, ill probably need to run new wire anyhow.

pg103, although it doesn't match what the chilton manual has...
Thanks for sharing, I can confirm that those aren't in the 14 PIU that I have. I ripped out the police bench and cargo area and swapped in 2nd row buckets and a 3rd row bench and there were no plugs back there.

Back