• Register Today It's free!

wiring amps together

rocket2ya

Reaction score
City, State
PHX
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 mountaineer v8
well im thinking about getting some orion 15's that are on crutchfield for $79 a piece. i have 2 kicker c10's and a crunch 1100wt amp right now and would love to get another amp( same kind) and hook all four of my subs up(2 10s and 2 15s) but i was wondering what it would take as far as hooking the two amps together and stuff like that. any help would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well im thinking about getting some orion 15's that are on crutchfield for $79 a piece. i have 2 kicker c10's and a crunch 1100wt amp right now and would love to get another amp( same kind) and hook all four of my subs up(2 10s and 2 15s) but i was wondering what it would take as far as hooking the two amps together and stuff like that. any help would be great.

well you would have to upgrade power and ground cables to larger and then use a distrobution block to go to each amp or buy another amp kit and install it the same way it currently is

then get two pair of rca y splitters and split from sub output on the reciver to input of each amp (you'll need another rca run)

split off of your remote wire to the other amp

find power and ground

hook up speaker wires to new subs

check and upgrade fuses

and that should just about have it

what gauge wire is ran to the trunk? what gauge power and ground are inputs on the amp?

in my old setup i had two amps, now im currently just running one...if your interested i still have some of the wiring products

i have

the 2 y cables, some rca cables, fused distrobution blocks, ground distrobution block, the anl fuse holder, some 8 and 4 gauge wire, the fuses, etc.

if your interested just let me know

he wouldnt necessarily have to do another run. he could split em right at the amps. if he even needed to split em. he could go the input of one, then the output of that same one and go to the input of the other. or get a maxxlink.

Well you shouldn't mix different subs unless you really know what you're doing, so maybe buy 2 exact same one as the ones you already own??

ive got two kicker c10's and one fusion 12 in my truck now with no problems. what could happen with mixing different kinds?

When two sounds are present in the air at the same time, they may interfere with eachother. You may get cancellation at certain frequencies. It will be fine if you have the 15s do low bass, say 20 hz-50hz, and the 10's to do 50 hz-80 hz. That is much like a component system and that way they will not step on eachothers frequencies and cause phase issues.

and unless the box has seperate chambers don't put the 15's and 10's in the same box

different subs and/or sizes are a big no no.

and sub size has nothing to do with frequencies. an 8" can hit as low as an 18", and vice versa.

different subs and/or sizes are a big no no.

and sub size has nothing to do with frequencies. an 8" can hit as low as an 18", and vice versa.

i realize that, im just saying he could set it up like that

yeah i was going to build a separate box for the 15's. i like your idea about setting the 15's on low bass and the 10's on higher bass and ill probably do that. do you know if my stock battery and alt. can handle two 1200watt amps pushin all this stuff?

yeah i was going to build a separate box for the 15's. i like your idea about setting the 15's on low bass and the 10's on higher bass and ill probably do that. do you know if my stock battery and alt. can handle two 1200watt amps pushin all this stuff?

you'll have to watch your voltage

first thing i would do would be upgrade the big three

you can have two different subs and sizes just make sure they hit different frequencies. i dont reccomend it but it can be done. and as far as the amps just split your remote wire and make sure no bare speaker, signal, power, or ground wire come into contact with each other then wire the same as the other amp sub setup.

subs of different sizes tend to sound like **** when put in the same vehicle

Back