• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Wiring Connector for Center Console

edougawa

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Police SUV
Do you have a legend of wires you used to get the power points, lighting and AUX to work?
I used to have it when I’m doing the mod, but doubt if I can still find them now.

edougawa

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Police SUV
Do you have a legend of wires you used to get the power points, lighting and AUX to work?
Here it is, Jason. I almost trashed it.

Those highlighted pins are the one I connected.

Wire gauges are also marked for reference, remember use big enough wire for the power point and fuse them properly (I use a 15A fuse for each). Color-code also for reference only, sounds like it change from year to year.

For the AUX, since I didn't use any shield cable the noise it terrible (well, sounds like when you have poor radio reception). You might need to figure out how to fix that yourself.

The marking are the following meanings,

IL: illumination
MH: Media Hub (power and AUX audio, notice that on the diagram it said 5V power, but I never get the hub itself work so I have no idea at all. The AUX is working though)
R / B: Connectors for power points (couldn't remember why I use R and B are marking but one of them is for the 2nd row power point and the other is for the one inside the center storage, you need to test it out yourself)
B+: Battery Positive
GND: Ground

I suggest testing out the pins with a multi-meter before wiring them. Have fun with it.

[Backup link] https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Qyio7E8PgJQPG7dA

Mope

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
This was incredibly helpful! I believe your R/B are actually R/S which would be the Run/Start (ignition initiated) designation (at least in my upfitters guide). I used these to run my hardwired dashcam and it only comes on with ignition.

To add for any future help - I did have to tap the #31 hot (green/red iirc) as it fed the powerpoint/cigarette plug up front and next to the media hub on mine. Also, I have saved your female plug pinout - if the hosting ever disappears and anyone else needs it, I've got the backup copy.......all credit to original poster :)

DHG2496

Reaction score
City, State
Fruitport, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
14 Explorer PIU 3.5EB
@edougawa your details plus the wiring diagram were helpful, I think the (+) wires for the 3 power plugs in the console were red, blue, green, so I’m assuming that was what the R & B indicated.

My female connector had some good leads and I just went through the wiring diagram to figure out what pins I needed for what I was keeping In place for now. I then de-pinned the remaining wires that I wouldn’t use to get them out of the way, essentially rear ac controls and console shifter, removed. This left the 3 12v power ports, terrain management (power + canbus), aux and illumination lighting.

I just then extended all the female console harness connectors to the police 6-way power, 14 way power and stock 12v power wires. Also ran terrain management canbus over to the GFM harness behind the glove box. I’m keeping the rest of the wires as I hope to relocate the shifter in the future but for now just wanted less wires to sort through while I’m wiring up console with the basics.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M BLIS Troubleshooting & Wiring Diagram Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
N Dash wiring Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
N Blue goose color code? Dash wiring diagram? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 6
A Wiring for power outlets in front dash: 2 12 volt plugs on bottom of middle stack Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
A 2013 Utility Wiring help, rear tail light brake lights Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 4
E GPS/LTE Antenna Wiring Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 7
M auxillary audio input - wiring diagram on jack side Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 0
2 2013 Explorer PIU steering wheel control wiring. HELP! Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
J 2014 Explorer Interceptor headlights wiring Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
P Police wiring help - 12 wires under hood Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 5
Trader0000 AUX Button Light Wiring Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 15
K 2016/7 PIU - 4 way flat trailer wiring? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
B Center Console Mystery Connector Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 12
T Delayed accessory feed in police connector Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
E Steering Wheel Switch Cluster Display/14-way Connector on 2013 PIU Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
B Cargo Light Connector Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
V PIU steel wheel center cap Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
S Front center seat? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
D 2011 Center Console Swap Advice Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 18
W 3D Printed Center Console Part Wanted Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 23
B What to put where the center dash speaker would go? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
M Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 231