Wiring diagram for 07 explorer/mountianeer aux input | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring diagram for 07 explorer/mountianeer aux input

GVSS

Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville. FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
I have a 2007 Mountaineer with the 1/8" (3.5mm) axillary audio input.

I am trying to splice into it so I have an ipod input that I can stash in the center console. I was hoping someone might know the wiring diagram for the input so I can splice a headphone cable onto it.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why do you want to splice into it? why not just go to radio shack and get a 1/8" mini to 1/8" mini and just plug it in?

because I don't want to have the cable outside of the console.

I'm trying to use an ipod dock cable, and with an aux input and 12v to tap into I figured I could make a pretty factory looking ipod connection.

So are you going to place the ipod in the console also? how are you going to switch tracks? You will still need the ipod out to control it.

A company called Peripheral makes a part #PXAMG If your radio has the "SAT" or "AUX" button this will work. This goes in the back of your radio you get a "t-harness" that goes in-line with the harness plugging into the back of your radio. This then gives you full access to control the ipod so you can put the ipod in the glove box or console.

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/pdfs/pghfd1_instructions_internal_sat_012609.pdf

pin 6 = blue/green = right input +
pin 14 = white/green = right input -
pin 7 = blue = left input +
pin 8 = yellow/green = left input -

all in the 16 pin secondary harness at the radio

edit: or at the back of the aux plug

Back