Wiring Diagrams for 95 B2300/Ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring Diagrams for 95 B2300/Ranger

edash

Reaction score
City, State
Chapel Hill, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Mazda B2300
My Chilton's Manual wiring diagrams are limited and don't cover a lot of the vehicle's systems. Need interior lighting/GEM/door sensor wiring and the cruise control wiring. I have a brown wire that the previous owner or someone had simply plugged into one of the fuses. There is no obvious place under the dash where it would have been connected. I found something on the internet that described the wire colors for the cruise, but none were brown and it is clearly connected to the control module on the left front fender well. Need to be sure it's the power source for the system and where is the best place to connect it, even if I have to splice it into a power wire.
Also, my interior lights do not come on. I've bench tested the lights and they work. I've got continuity from the green/orange wire at the light to the GEM module wire. I've checked the left door ajar wires and have continuity to the GEM module in the dash. Grounds show good continuity. Is it the GEM module itself? The door ajar light and bells work with door open....just lights don't come on. I don't think that there's a relay as in the Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your brown wire is actually tan then you are correct.

You're getting some mail, momentarily.

Thanks, but still struggling

Appreciate the diagrams. Still having problems with the dome lights and with the cruise control BROWN wire. The brown wire comes out of the control module through the firewall with the other wires for the cruise unit. Interesting that the connector to the user interface stalk for the cruise also has a brown wire coming from it, but the female connector that's its mate has 2 reds, one of which joins that brown. Can't tell if someone did some jerry-rigging or if it was factory.

Have done all sorts of continuity tests with the dome light, including from the headlight switch, the instrument cluster rheostat/dome light switch, and the GEM module. I finally found a pod under the dash hidden away that has 7 different relays. Found it when I provide jumper power to a green with orange wire and heard a relay clicking. That relay bench tested fine. Have no idea what any of the 7 do and my wiring diagrams don't give a clue. I'm beginning to suspect that the issue is the GEM module, but hate to replace without knowing. Could be one of those 7 relays too.

Sure wish I could find a complete wiring diagram for this vehicle specifically, particularly one with wire colors that match mine :). Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Sure wish I could find a complete wiring diagram for this vehicle specifically, particularly one with wire colors that match mine :). Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Auto - Online Repair Info
http://search.ebscohost.com/
ID: rrcc
PW: rebsco

Follow the choices down thru your vehicle identification to find wiring diagrams.

Thank you very much. I'll check it out. I gave in and gave Mitchell $12.00 for 1 week access to all of their electrical diagrams. Printed out a very complete set for my B2300, but I'll take a look at this site too. Never know what you might learn. Again, many thanks.

Back