wiring diagrams

Magpie

Reaction score
City, State
Cavardiras, Switzerland
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Hi,
I am having a problem with the system on my 99 Exp 4.0 XLT. I have read through the threads and have done the suggested checks/tests/repairs - blend door, actuator, vac pipes etc... Hot air is still blowing through the system except on MAX A/C. I am thinking the problem is with the HOT/COLD air switch on the panel (center knob) does anyone have a wiring diagram they could copy to me?

or does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it ???

thanks

steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AC wiring schematic 97-2001 4.0 manual air conditioning control.

Attachments

• AC_Schematic.pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 3,845

Thanks Succi for the wiring diagram, this will be a great help and hopefully I can fix the problem.

Also I assume the blend door is the one behind the glove box, with the actuator attached, if so this is working.

cheers
Steve

scucci thanks for the diagram, at least I will know where to begin looking for electrical problems.

Broken door

Thanks Succi for the wiring diagram, this will be a great help and hopefully I can fix the problem.

Also I assume the blend door is the one behind the glove box, with the actuator attached, if so this is working.

cheers
Steve

The problem is that the top of the blend air door is broken. An after market door made of metal is available at heatertreater.com. You wont have to remove the air box either. I put one on my 98 explorer a year ago and have had no problems since. Google heatertreater and see what pops up.

I am looking for a power wire for parking lights under the dash. Can anyone help? This is on a 2007 ranger

I need to know if you have wiring diagram for 96 for explorer xlt, front wipers quit working and radio, husband took radio out and cut wires.

1996 Explorer Wiring Schematic / Diagram

http://www.mediafire.com/?cz5t1x9tjls

Wipers:
- Front - p66
- Rear - p67

Radio:
- Base Model - p53
- Prem Model - p55-56

EDIT: For some reason it's a zip. I just downloaded it an no problem. If you aren't comfortable, let me know and I'll email you the PDF.

Great post and huge savings

Garagist cost me $350 to find my A/C ground problem without success. Your great post toke me less than 1 hour to fix the problem. It was the ground on the auxiliary relay box #2 placed between the right front light and the air filter shell. I will never thank you so much for that help.:salute:

1996 Explorer Wiring Schematic / Diagram

http://www.mediafire.com/?cz5t1x9tjls

Wipers:
- Front - p66
- Rear - p67

Radio:
- Base Model - p53
- Prem Model - p55-56

EDIT: For some reason it's a zip. I just downloaded it an no problem. If you aren't comfortable, let me know and I'll email you the PDF.

Back