Wiring Harness for 2008 Explorer/Mountaineer V6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring Harness for 2008 Explorer/Mountaineer V6

finoleary

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 mercury mountaineer
Hi Folks, Im Searching for 2008 Mountaineer V6 wiring harness part number 8l9z-14398-aa which is a discontinued. I’ve been looking for over a year now, but no luck, and car is just about still running. Any leads or suggestions would be really gratefully appreciated. Thank you, Fin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I suggest a junkyard

Is the original possible to fix ?

Edit nvm

The best way to repair it is heat shrink sleeve the broken insulation. The wire coating falls off in places exposed to uv. That being said most connectors at most have 2" of bad wiring near the plug. You can de-pin each wire one at a time and slide heat shrink over it. I use the marine stuff that has the weatherproof coating on inside (forget the name).

Here's a 2008 I literally have at my shop right now I'm fixing for a customer. I'm only about halfway done so far as I keep finding broken insulation.

20220304_100547.jpg 20220304_100555.jpg 20220304_100641.jpg 20220304_100612.jpg

The best way to repair it is heat shrink sleeve the broken insulation. The wire coating falls off in places exposed to uv. That being said most connectors at most have 2" of bad wiring near the plug. You can de-pin each wire one at a time and slide heat shrink over it. I use the marine stuff that has the weatherproof coating on inside (forget the name).

Here's a 2008 I literally have at my shop right now I'm fixing for a customer. I'm only about halfway done so far as I keep finding broken insulation.

View attachment 426947 View attachment 426948 View attachment 426949 View attachment 426950
Thank you, that is a helpful tip, but I think mine is too far gone as there is a huge amount of repair required

Have any pictures of your biggest area of concern?

Back