wiring question (please read) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wiring question (please read)

i need to know which wire or wires control the parking/sidemarker lights. i want to have them bright all the time and just flash when i turn the blinker or emergency light on. right now a stock 98 explorer will have a dim light on the blinker lenses that turns on with the headlights. this light just gets brighter when you turn a blinker on. when the headlight is off the blinker light gets just as bright as the blinker light with the headlights on. ok if your not lost yet i will continue. i have a chilton manual but i dont know enough about wiring to be able to read it to find out what i need to know. so can someone take a look at the wiring diagram and tell me what i need to do to make my blinkler lights their brightest all the time but blink when i turn on the blinker and also how i can tie in the sidemarker light to the blinkers. ok if you need a wiring diagram i will copy parts of the one out of my chilton manual if you will e-mail me. Thanks,
Major

Won't work. The light being "Brite" all the time will build up heat and melt the casing and possibly damage the lense, not only that, but the bulb won't last, not designed to run at max all the time. You can try it, but I have seen people melt their casings and caused themselves money and electrical problems like this. It is just not designed to work that way.

Back