Wiring up Excursion foglights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring up Excursion foglights

I need some new foglights for my new airdam that is coming in the mail. It looks like this:

143367_25.jpg

I was thinking about this yesterday on my way home, and the idea of Excursion fog lights popped into my head. They look about the right size, but I'm just concerned about how I would wire these up, or could they just plug into the stock harness? Here is a set on eBay:

Dead Link Removed

MattAdams, anyone, please shed some light on this!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Hartman, is that your new X you got or do you have 2 X's, the black one and the Eddie Bauer?? You probably spend a lot on that..:eek:

The one pictured is not mine, I just used it to illistrate the openings I need to fill.

Hartman- are you just trying to fill the holes with something WHITE and pretty? or are you trying to get a little performance out of them? as for wiring them, it won't be a big problem (don't think the stock wiring will work though without modification though) however, no one can really suggest anything until you get the dam or call the company and figure out the size of the holes.

after seeing that picture i think it would make your x look really good and completely avoid stacked bumper syndrome if you do the license plate relocation (like i have done) and put some little fogs in the sides of the air dam opening like in that picture above. or do you live in a state that doesn't have mandatory front plates.

Yeah basically I want something that looks good (MUST be white). Also, I need them to perform at least as good as the stock fogs.

I will have NO license plate bracket up front because front plates are not needed in Indiana.

What is the siize of the openings? Gotta give us a little more to go on....
Like Expo5.0 said wiring will be no problem. If you want you can use the stock wires to turn on the new lights by useing the relay w/the new lights. Got some good diagrams when the time comes...

Where'd you get the airdam from?

LOL, I wish I could tell you what size openings they are, but I don't really know because I haven't received the airdam yet.

i bet they are 3.5 by 5

I need them to be white. I do not like the yellow blue looking kind.

Read the info, they come in clear or yellow. I have used Catz lights and think they a a very high quality light.
Also where did you get the pic of the X w/airdam. Reason I ask, I'm thinking of putting on flares & boards and painting them a silver color. Just wanted some looks.
Later...

Back