Wis. woman arrested, booked over library fines | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Wis. woman arrested, booked over library fines

Gatorblazer

Reaction score
City, State
Moody, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer, 09 Mazda 5
Wis. woman arrested, booked over library fines Thu Aug 21, 5:17 PM ET

A Grafton woman has been arrested and booked for failing to pay her library fines. Heidi Dalibor, 20, told the News Graphic in Cedarburg she ignored the library's calls and letters as well as a notice to appear in court.

Still, she was surprised when officers with a warrant knocked on her door, cuffed her and took her to the police station to be fingerprinted and photographed.

Police Capt. Joe Gabrish saied officers follow the same procedure with every warrant.

Library director John Hanson said a couple of dozen people are cited each year for failure to return materials or pay fines.

The incident cost Dalibor about $30 for the overdue paperbacks "White Oleander" and "Angels and Demons" and her mother nearly $172 to get her out of custody.

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
Ouch!! I guess I'd better get to the library tomorrow morning... I've got an audio book that's been overdue for more than a month now... The fine's up to $1.80. I hope I don't get pulled over on my way home...

-Joe

Gatorblazer

Reaction score
City, State
Moody, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer, 09 Mazda 5
I live 6 houses down from the library, and I have never been in it.

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
I live 6 houses down from the library, and I have never been in it.

LOL!! I think I've read more books in the last three years than in the entire decade before that!! I've got a 45 minute ride to work every day, so audiobooks help pass the time quite nicely. It's so much easier to read a book when someone else reads it for me. :)

Our nearest branch is kind small, but they can bring stuff in from the entire county in a couple of days. CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, even paper books (imagine that?!!?). it's about 2 miles from our house, so maybe I'll walk up there tonight and return my junk!

-Joe

Charlie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited